Saturday, November 17, 2007

Turkey Tureen

I am going to celebrate Thanksgiving at home for the first time since 1999. I just learned this great news & I'm a bit stunned and unbelievably happy!

I love Thanksgiving, but I always have to work holidays, because when you're in the media, that's what you have to do.

Last year, I did a story on a military family celebrating Thanksgiving & they left a seat open at their table for their soldier who was in Iraq. They even placed all of his favorite foods on the plate. That was the best part of the day, but later, when it was time to eat, all of the restaurants were closed except for Del Taco (which I don't like) so I had a watery burrito.

I just got lucky this year. Who knows if it will happen again, so I'm going big, baby.

I want with this Turkey Tureen from Williams-Sonoma. It's Amber glass & would be great holding my cranberry sauce. Straight from the can!

I am all about homemade for (most of) the rest of the meal. I'll blog on that later.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter