Thursday, November 15, 2007

Kooky Holiday Books



I love reading people's bios. Amy Sedaris wins hands down.

Here's a sample: Amy had a fatty suit made to wear home to Raleigh for a brief visit to screw with her weight-conscious father. It tore him up to think that his daughter had "let herself go" but Amy did it for the laughs.



I want her cookbook for Christmas. I already have all of her brother's books - David Sedaris by the way. If you're looking for a holiday laugh, you have to buy his collection of short stories - Holidays on Ice. The Santaland Diaries is a classic.


Here's another gem from Amy's bio: When Ethan Hawke told Amy she had the prettiest dress at a party, she told him, "It looks better on the floor. You could talk me out of it." He was apparently taken quite by surprise.


Check out more silly trivia at www.amysedarisrocks.com/

Her cookbook called I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence is on Amazon. Here's a page. Cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my... that is a real confection of a picture. As Jack said when I showed it to him, "that puts bad thoughts in a man's head."

I love Amy.

suzannemarques said...

I love it too! She kinda looks like the cupcakes she makes here!!!

I love her character... Jerri Blank.. A boozer... a user.. and a loser.

Does it get any better?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter