Saturday, November 24, 2007

Cuckoo Over Koons


When I was watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, I was transfixed by this balloon, and then my husband reminded me of what was so familiar about it. Jeff Koon's "Rabbit" from 1986! It was wonderful & so true to the original.







There's a great article on the NY Times website. But the writer talks about how different his creation looked from the other colorful balloons. I happen to love that childlike quality of the parade. The "Rabbit" just gave it that wonderful chrome kick.

I also loved the Care Bears float featuring the bears ice skating. Brings back childhood memories. (Care Bears... stare!) The Hello Kitty balloon too! (I had my first shopping sprees at the Sanrio store while back to school shopping as a 3rd grader.)

Speaking of NY, I'm heading there for another trip. I can't wait! It's an all-girls trip with my mom & my niece. We are going to visit my brother again. So excited!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter