Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving Countdown


I bought the amber glass turkey tureen on sale for $19.99! I blogged about it a few posts ago. My next step was linens. I found these cute napkins (with the birds on them) at Pottery Barn yesterday. I bought red placemats to go with them, even though an oval shape looks best on our round table. Hey, beggars can't be choosers when you shop last minute.
By the way, I first stopped at Anthropologie and everything was still way too summery. I was a bit disappointed.

So here's my menu. Not necessarily the official names:

Roast Turkey that won the Most Votes on AllRecipes.com. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Henrietta's Southern Cornbread Dressing - my mom's recipe. fingers crossed.

Russet Mashed Potatoes - potatoes, butter, half & half... not much else. pretty easy and delish

Hot Candied Yams with Marshmallows - One of my favorite flavors. I love yams

Cranberries from the Can - both jelled & whole berry. Mmmm. The fresh stuff never does it for me.

Campbell's Green Bean Casserole - I can't wait to make this. My family never had it growing up. I tried it at a friend's house once & LOVED it. I wonder if I still will?

Mrs. Smith's frozen Spiced Pumpkin Pie - I'm not about to make it from scratch after everything else. Plus it tastes good.


Oh yeah & the vino. I bought a bottle of Chalk Hill chardonnay. My mom says after drinking this, it will be hard to drink any other chardonnay. It's a bit expensive for my budget, but I love a nice glass of wine & after all.. it's Thanksgiving! Did I tell you how excited I am?

I bought my usual La Crema & Kendall Jackson chardonnays in case the food takes too long to cook or friends stop by. I hope they do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your table will be beautiful and your menu sounds great. Here's a guilty secret... I prefer the canned cranberry sauce, too. Shhhh.

suzannemarques said...

I crave that canned sauce! I feel better about myself after learning that you (gifted reviewer) like it too! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter