Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Getting Lucky Before Giving Thanks




Hard to believe it can be 11pm in LA and there are no decent restaurants open to grab a bite. It's enough to make you want to move to NY. I missed dinner, so I was desperate for food & a cocktail to relax before Thanksgiving. That's how I ended up in the McDonald's drive-thru & landed at the Good Luck Bar.

Love the drink names - Hong Kong Bong, Gold Cobra, Fist of Fury. Though the Mai Tai is still the best thing they serve there. That's my husband Robert picking out some tunes. So many beautiful details to enjoy with the libations, I snagged a few matchbooks for luck.

I just learned some of my favorite bars - Good Luck Bar, El Carmen, Bar Marmont and Jones Hollywood - are owned by the same person, Sean MacPherson. Bravo.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter