Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's a Dead Man's Party

I've been sad ever since I heard Polaroid is going away.
Have you ever noticed the banner on my site? I love waiting for the photos to develop - shake it like a Polaroid picture - and seeing their grainy, overexposed results.
I've been itching to throw a party.. maybe I should have a Polaroid party? I fear the film may be outrageously expensive?
Robert is like, whatever. He says a gal at work is collecting Polaroid for future use & she was lamenting the sale of land near the Hollywood sign.
Robert told her she should take a photo of the Hollywood sign on Polaroid.
Now that's just mean.

3 comments:

Richard said...

I used to drive everybody crazy snapping Polaroid pictures as a kid. I always caught people in awkward moments. Once, I (as a kid) rushed in my parents bedroom unexpected during the middle of the night. I began to snap pictures because I thought it would be funny to catch them sleeping with their mouth open or something. All I will say is I wish I had never snapped those pictures.

WDL said...

OK, super lame story time:

In graduate school I actually wrote a paper on the preservation of polaroid film.

In a recent blog post, I have posted a picture of me kissing kittens, and yes, that is a polaroid. I realize now to save them, they need to be digitally scanned.

According to Polaroid, a photo should last 25 years. I'm 31 - so I know thats not true. I have tons of baby photos taken with Polaroids....which I am now scanning to save for future generations of WDL fans.

xo,
WDL

suzannemarques said...

richard. you poor thing. i'm sure your brain has a little scar somewhere to this day.
wdl... you really need to preserve the kitten photo. to lose it would be criminal. if you have more, we want more!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter