Sunday, April 13, 2008

What Does Heaven Look Like?

If JC was a carpenter, John Lautner is his architect. His homes are a slice of heaven.

I've blogged about his work before, when one of his fantastic creations was featured in The Big Lebowski. I'll be going to the Hammer Museum exhibition sometime between July 13 - October 12, 2008.


Lautner built the home below in 1957. Tree trunks break up the windowpanes.


The trees blend into the view. Breathtaking.

One of his most famous creations sits in Hollywood Hills. The Chemosphere was built in 1960 & was laughed off by some critics. I love it. It was a location in the recent "Charlie's Angels" film.

The home below sits in Acapulco Bay, Mexico. Notice how there are no railings. A moat of shallow water surrounds the edges to maintain an unobstructed view. It was created in 1973.


The home below was featured in the James Bond film, “Diamonds Are Forever.”



4 comments:

Richard said...

I am sure this guy is a genius, but I don't care for his work. A little too modern for my taste.

Lisa said...

Yeah, Jackie Treehorn's house! I love it!

suzannemarques said...

applevenusian - Jackie Treehorn rules! I want to go to one of his parties! :)

richard - you can't please all the people all the time :) i'm sure an english castle is more your taste... i love it all!

cassandra said...

stunning!! that's the type of house i could never live in and totally admire. it's architecturally gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter