Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bat For Lashes



My brother Mafoo sent me this video. He knows Suzi well.

I love Natasha Khan's wistful whispery sweet voice. I love the dark edge to the song.

As for the video, I immediately thought of my crush David Lynch & his use of animal imagery. Then I thought of Sexy Beast & that creepy jackrabbit character. I haven't seen Donnie Darko, but I've interviewed Richard Kelly (for Southland Tales, fun!) & know his work is similar.

If you've seen my previous post on Gregory Crewdson, I'm feeling his style here too!

http://www.batforlashes.com/bio/default.htm

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love Bat For Lashes! I bought her CD Fur & Gold based on that single alone, and I was not disappointed.

I first saw that video on IMF... did you know that IMF no longer exists?? I was so bummed out when I heard they'd been overtaken by Ovation TV, which really sucks - it's like high-brow Bravo, without the reality shows.

please sir said...

Great song - LOVE the beat!!

please sir said...

Oh also - added you to my blog love list - hope you don't mind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter