Friday, April 04, 2008

Journey With Jack Long





Jack Long's paintings make me want to go on a journey. They are meticulous little green dreamworlds with a focus on the natural elements. His most recent print weaves the homes & nature together. It's pure fantasy. The simple homes and arches are the stuff of storybooks.
If you click on the picture below, it takes you to a website selling the print. My artsy insider friends tell me he's one to watch. The same ones who told me about Audrey Kawasaki. Love art friends!

I'm reminded of fairytales or Aesop's Fables. Here's one below:

The Bald Man and The Fly

There was once a Bald Man who sat down after work on a hot summer's day.
A Fly came up and kept buzzing about his bald pate, and stinging him from time to time.
The Man aimed a blow at his little enemy, but his palm came on his own head instead;
again the Fly tormented him, but this time the Man was wiser and said:

"You will only injure yourself if you take notice of despicable enemies."

4 comments:

Richard said...

Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing. I particularly like the one that has a person holding the genie lamp. What would I wish for :)

gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said...

Wonderful! I never heard of Jack Long before! Those make me want to take a journey too, but not an ordinary one... I want a journey on a flying carpet or a flying bed or inside a cloud or in a high speed gondola and end up in the Taj Mahal. Or a journey inside a drop of dew that falls from leaf to leaf in the enchanted woods and end up... who knows where...?Something of that kind.

PS. I'm glad you weren't hit by a car yesterday, what would LA do without it's coolest gal?

suzannemarques said...

richard - scarlett jo?! or jaime? that's okay, if it's a wish, you don't have to say!

gabriela - your writing is so inspiring. i love that i discovered your blog! xoxo fellow dreamer!

beau b said...

check out Jack's new print on www.apapertiger.com

we love Jack too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter