Monday, March 17, 2008

Lovely Lily Allen



I can't put my finger on which classic movie this is inspired by. I think of Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina, I think of Singing In the Rain... nothing seems to fit.
The chorus is achingly beautiful.

Dreams, Dreams
Of when we had just started things
Dreams of you and me
It seems, It seems
That I can’t shake those memories
I wonder if you have the same dreams too.

Sigh. I don't know why Lily Allen never made it big here in the US, but I love her just the same.
Let's cheer things up a bit!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the second song. It was my introduction to Lily Allen, thanks to Jonesy on indie 103.1. It's how I TRY to see the world...Half-Full...Sporting.

The first one...makes me want to read Hemingway's "Garden of Eden" again.

-Brett
www.sportinglifemag.com

Richard said...

These videos are so you! Thanks for sharing. I love Lily's style to btw. She is almost as stylish as you!

Rob @ I Love Substance said...

She had a track with Common on his cd that came out last year.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=G1G28NWjhL8

She is a refreshing breath of air.

suzannemarques said...

rob - i love this song! wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter