Monday, March 12, 2007

dynamic eco-friendly dishes


Stealing a quote from Colin Cowie: I am to tabletop what Imelda Marcos was to shoes. I'm obsessed with dishes. Sarah Cihat has some of the coolest dishware because she picks them up at thrift stores, garage sales, ebay, who knows where... and then paints them with cool graphics. My favorite style is the one with birds, but she does everything from the girls you see on trucker mudflaps to spiders & skulls.

She also has a cool line of vases and bowls called Dirt. I love the chains draped round this one. So pretty. You can find her dishes at a darling store in LA... Zelen on Beverly Blvd.

I also love to go to Barneys & Tiffany to look at all the beautiful dishes. You can handle & admire them without actually having to buy them. I do the same thing with expensive jewelry & watches. It's a strange hobby, but it doesn't cost anything. I wonder if anyone else has this hobby?

2 comments:

Style Court said...

Great quote from Colin Cowie :) Thanks for sharing the Zelan link.

Jess said...

Thanks for mentioning Sarah Cihat...I loved discovering her dishes, they're gorgeous. And sustainable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter