Monday, March 12, 2007

Explosive Perfume

I have a bit of insomnia... so I'm typing away, feeling frustrated. Maybe it's the time change? Ok, so let's talk about my secret weapon.... I get complimented on it all the time and I just found out it's been banned from some airports because it LOOKS like a weapon!

It's Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf. It's been banned from duty free shops in Oslo so that "extremists will not be tempted to use it as a prop." It's shaped like a hand grenade.

My husband bought it for me because it smells fruity, sweet and actually lasts, unlike my other numerous purchases of scents by Escada & Nanette Lepore. I didn't realize it was shaped like a grenade until someone asked me what I was wearing and I said Flower.. bomb. Then it all came together. Even the little black pin with VF on it. Why did they choose that shape? I don't want to hold a gun and certainly not a hand grenade. My life isn't that boring. As far as perfume bottles go, diamond and oblong shapes are indeed overused, but a bomb?

2 comments:

Mackenna said...

My Husband's aunt wears this, which I thought was so cool. When I complimented her on it she was like, "oh it's in this crazy bottle that is pink and it's by Victor someone, " which made me laugh. But still cool.

Lisa said...

I was just going through your oldest posts and found this one. I really love perfume, but Flowerbomb is my new signature scent. All my other "signature scents" never stayed on me long enough for anyone to sniff the air and say, "Lisa was here".

AND... I didn't realize that the bottle was grenade-shaped, either! Holy crap!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter