Sunday, March 11, 2007

I love the 80's

When I was in junior high, had pale yellow flowered wallpaper, a canopy bed and cream bookcase. For a while it was my little slice of sunshine. Then I fell in love with bold, bright colors. Specifically, red, black and white. I was so 80's. I went all out... red carpet, a white bed with black and white accessories thrown all over the room. I don't think I have ever recovered, because I'm still that way. I don't want a beige couch. I want a hot pink one with stripes! I want busy walls, loud art!

When I went on a trip to Paris, I happened across Piet Mondrian's paintings at Centre Pompidou. Seeing his bold pieces made me feel cultured, like I had taste. I have my tacky leanings, but hey, at least I know a Mondrian when I see one now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter