Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Favorite Gift


My mom surprised me with a priceless gift this Christmas - a serving dish owned by my Granny.  It sat on her kitchen counter in Arkansas.  Granny loved sweets. She drank Coca Cola from glass bottles and sent us to bed with a stick of Juicy Fruit gum.

Granny didn't have an alarm clock in the house.  She'd get up before the rest of us and wake up everyone with the scent of bacon, eggs and her heavenly drop biscuits.


For Christmas, I paid homage to her with a pile of sweets.  My dad picked up the Mexican pastries and I  made chocolate Day of the Dead skulls from a mold picked up on Olvera Street.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so cute! :)

Cafe Pasadena said...

No Tamalez??

suzannemarques said...

thank you Maggie! Cafe Pasadena, I had tamales, enchiladas, rice & beans!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter