Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Countdown Is On!


I love that the pattern on her dress not only complements the curtains, it stands out even more!  And who needs shoes with the lovely stockings?  Wouldn't this be a fantastic New Year's Eve dress?

With 2011 just a few days away, I am eager for what's around the corner.  I live for anticipation.  I love having something to look forward to!

Are you making New Year's resolutions?  I love making lists, but there's something about declaring your intentions that makes you want to achieve your dreams even more.

What do I have on my list so far?  Learn more recipes, take professional cooking lessons, host more dinner parties, travel out of the country, work on my home and show more kindness.  Two other special things on my list are relaunching my blog and volunteering to help elephants.

For inspiration, I love a quote from one of my best girlfriends, Nina:  "Less talk. More walk."

While we can fill afternoons talking about hopes and dreams, what are we doing to make them happen?  Since we can't do everything at once, that's why lists are great.  It's satisfying to cross things off and prepare for the next adventure.

Here's to living this year to the fullest!  I anticipate bumps and bruises along the way.  Each risk means a success or failure, but whether it's tears or celebration, isn't that what makes life worth living?

Wishing you health, wealth and happiness in 2011!
xoxo,
Suz

photo source: Harper's Bazaar Russia Nov. 2009

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter