Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fried Plantains


Hi Suzanne,
I need your help.  My friend is having a Cuban Christmas dinner and I'm in charge of the flan.  I need a good recipe and sides.

    Hi Tasha,
    I love the idea of a Cuban Christmas!  My family always eats tamales for good luck.  As for flan, I have the best pumpkin flan recipe. Click here for the recipe and video.  If you don't want to use indiviidual cups, you can pour it into an 8 inch flan pan. Black beans and rice are simple sides - don't forget the sour cream! But if you serve them with fried plantains, it takes the meal to another level. Plus, they're so easy to make.  Recipe below!
Fried Plantains
  1. Peel a bunch of ripe plantains - or banana - then slice at an angle longways.
  2. Heat about an inch of vegetable oil in frying pan.
  3. Once it's hot (when you drip in a bit of water it sizzles), fry on both sides until golden brown.
  4. Remove from pan and let the oil drain on a paper towel.  Sprinkle with a little salt. 
    Cilantro too, if you like it.  I love it.
  5. Wrap up in fresh paper towels and go! 
xoxo
Suz

Photo sources: www.laylita.com & Gary Sexton

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter