Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Spoonful of Sugar


My favorite dessert is peach cobbler.  If I knew I was having my last meal, I'd want the last bite to be sweet and tangy golden peaches with a hint of buttery crust.  This recipe is a healthier version of cobbler and it's incredibly easy. 

First you need four ripe peaches.  (Mine weren't, so I stored them in a brown bag overnight with a banana.  They were perfect the next morning.)  You'll need one lemon, butter, brown sugar, and flour.  Heat your oven to 375 degrees.


Now we peel the peaches.  Put away the knives and peelers and try this wonderful trick. You're going to blanch those beautiful babies so their skins slip right off.  Boil each peach for 45 seconds, then place it directly into an ice bath for a minute to stop the cooking process. 

See how easy that is? 

Slice and place them in a 10-12 pan in a circular pattern.  I used my cast iron skillet.  Then squirt an entire lemon over it.


For the topping, mix 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of flour.  Then add mix in 1/4 cup of butter until it's crumbly like the photo.


Sprinkle it over the peaches and pop the pan in the oven for 30 minutes. For the last 30 seconds, broil the top, watch it very closely so it doesn't burn.


I was so beautiful I was nearly jumping for joy!


Within minutes... poof!  It was almost gone.


Robert and I nearly finished the entire pan together.  It is best served right out of the oven with a few puffs of whipped cream.  Delicious!

7 comments:

avocado LA said...

That looks so good and simple. Thanks!

Mari said...

It's kind of like a cobbler...yet kind of like a crisp...a "cribbler?" or maybe... a "coblisp?" ...I'll have to work on the name... :)
I have a "crisp" topping that can be used with any stone fruit, or apples and berries, and its always a hit with any crowd I am entertaining- it's simple, and tasty...but definitely NOT low cal! I like to splurge sometimes!

Mari said...

P.s. LOOKS DELISH!

suzannemarques said...

thanks kittens! i do need a name... isn't not super crispy... not exactly cobbler.... naked peach cobbler.. it doesn't have it's jacket of dough on... hmm

Mari said...

Yes- Naked Peach Cobbler- it' Perfect, and I Love It!!

suzannemarques said...

fabulous! i'll stick with it

Silvia said...

I too LOVE peach cobbler! Im currently on diet mode and I've been stoping myself from making a peach cobbler for weeks now!

I will try this version, thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter