Friday, July 02, 2010

Ready to Romp

Let's face it.  I'm a lazy dresser.  That's why I love dresses and rompers. You can throw one on and you're ready to go.  When I get my hands on a particularly comfy romper, I want to wear it all the time.  In fact, I wore one romper so often last year (which we called jumpers way back in '09), @mrdentalhygiene basically ordered me to hang it up.  I thought maybe my beloved jumpers and rompers had jumped the shark, but no!  I see them everywhere this summer.


This classic black and white number has the flair of Chanel.  It's crisp & demure with a sweetheart neckline.  You can pair it with heavy jewelry, sweaters and jackets like this adorable green one.



I'm a sucker for prep style and this Milly romper has a timeless vibe.  The outfit at right is sweet, but I would look like THIS if I wore it.




This is more my speed.  As a nod to Larry King's departure from his nightly show, why not pay tribute with these navy suspenders?  And I think I could rock the little black booties with this slouchy lavender/gray shirt romper.

These would be magnifique for a balmy night out on the town, but ladies, let me warn you.  Taking these things on and off can be a chore, especially in the powder room, so don't wear one on a first date.  For multiple reasons.

If I could only pick one, it would have to be this one.  The breezy chiffon top and shoulder pads are kind of fantastic.  I want the shoes too, but they're sold out in nearly every size everywhere I look.  Sniff.

Rompers:
Pins and Needles Eyelet Romper: $58.00 at Urban Outfitters, Slouchy Romper: $295.00 at Milly, Lucca Couture New Safari Romper: $ 58.00 Urban Outfitters, Suspender Front Romper, $109.00 Rachel Rachel Roy, Shirt Romper, Rachel Rachel Roy, Nyla Romper, Yumi Kim: $176.00 Revolve Clothing, Slit Sleeve Romper, Donna Mizani: $143.00 Revolve Clothing, Twenty8Twelve Charisse Romper: $207.50 ShopBop

Shoes:
Opening Ceremony:  $299.60 shopbop

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Suzanne you have great taste I love all five of these outfits. And would love to see my girl in anyone of them to bad those shoes are all sold out everywhere, if I get a lead on a pair will let you know. My girl wears a size 5 so please let me know also if at all possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter