Sunday, July 06, 2008

Name That Couch

What are these kinds of couches called? This has been driving me crazy for a while. I always refer to them as round couches. I'm sure there's a chic name I'm completely unaware of.

I'm always reminded when I visit The Grove. I love sitting on the big comfy couch that would never fit in mi casa.

BTW, I'm not the crazy person who bundles up in the summer. This photo was taken months ago when it was still a bit chilly.

Now you realize how long this question has been haunting me!


Pete said...

I've heard of that type of couch referred to as a 'punt'. But I can't find any reference to support that term.

Anonymous said...


angelica said...

i think they are called poufs. i randomly just came across the blog 'so haute' which has an entry with that mentioned. see here.

WDL said...

Well, I've always called them Borne Sofa's. and so does this site....

I luuuuuuuuuvs me some out of work homework!

Pete said...

According to this site it's called a 'borne'.

suzannemarques said...

a borne. are you sure it's not a bjorn? as in baby bjorn?

tee hee.

suzanne loves her some bornes.

does that make sense? i can just imagine saying to a girlfriend....

"hey... i love bornes.. they are the best couches."

"don't you just love the borne?"

i think it will confuse everyone... and make it more fun, right?

Anonymous said...

I'm an interior design and have always called them confidantes.


Related Posts with Thumbnails