Sunday, June 08, 2008

Mutable Murakami

Here's a sample of the Takashi Murakami show at Blum & Poe.

He's taking an abstract turn away from his popular anime flowers and characters. The photo above is about the closest to his old style. It's my favorite piece in the show because I still love his flowers.


Nary a flower or anime animal in sight on this painting above. It seems 80's inspired with the pixelation, spraypaint, dripping paint and color choices.

I'm so late on this show! If I had been in the know, I would've snapped up one of the limited edition signed prints below. They went for $300-$500 and sold out the day before immediately.
If you keep track of prices, the first painting sold in the neighborhood of $1.2M, the 2nd around $1.5M.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter