Thursday, December 06, 2007

Peeking Into the Parker




Just got back from my stay at the Parker. I'll take you through the photos. First, part of the lobby. The next is our guestroom. It had a laid back 60's feel.

Love the notepad with the tiny tassel. A chair and lamp in the lounge area. A small table and hanging lamp in the guestroom. Tassels are a big theme. If there's a lamp, you can bet there's a big tassel hanging from it.

Robert waiting for his Muddled Lemon at the lemonade stand. He recommends it, says it's like a lemonade mojito. Two chairs hanging in the lounge.

The side of the main building. A hefty hippo sitting on a table in the lounge.

Rather than droning on about details of my stay, I've picked some pluses & minuses.

Faves - The design is fun & creative. I spent hours in the lobby & lounge admiring the decor. The manicured lawns & heated pools. Small touches like offering us chilled bottled Evian at our departure. The staff were quick, friendly & considerate.
At Mister Parker's: Steak Tartare & homemade ice cream. We ordered a mini quartet of eggnog, mocha, pumpkin pie and brandy flavors. They were creamy and the flavors melded nicely.

Disses - No full-length mirror in our room. For such a chic hotel focused on appearances, I was surprised. The gardener armed with leafblower on our patio at 10am. The bathrooms were outdated with broken faucets. Even though there's a big sign that says Drugs in the lobby, when I called the front desk for a pair of Advil, they said they aren't allowed to dispense medication, and recommended I go to Vons a few blocks away.

Would I stay there again? Sure.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter