Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wild Things

Spike Jonze directed "Where the Wild Things Are". He has directed countless music videos I adore, but he also directed "Being John Malkovich". Sigh. That movie is so much fun. I love films about escape!

When you play this video, notice the first scene in the trailer shows Max being held by a Wild Thing, who says to him, “I didn’t want to wake you up, but I really want to show you something."

Anyone else out there feel the tug of The Neverending Story? Remember Falkor the big white Luck Dragon? My brother & I LOVED that film. The mechanical owl, battling Medusa, the tests of courage just like Indiana Jones.

The film releases Oct. 16th.


joshua said...

The mechanical owl fighting Medusa is from Clash of the Titans, no? And, at 30 years old I still cannot watch Atryu's horse die in the Swamp of Saddness. =(

Katrina Lynn said...

Get Out! I had no clue this was going to be a movie!! This is fantastic. Of course Neverending Story was a staple in my childhood home. You are right, this will be up there with movies like Princess Bride and Flight of the Navigator...another cult classic anyone? ;)

suzannemarques said...

Joshua! You are so right! I always blend those two films! :)
Katrina - Princess Bride. What a fantastic film. I love that film. I remember the male lead also starred in Robin Hood: Men In Tights. That was a high-larious one

christina said...

how happy am i to hear the arcade fire's "wake up" ... lovely touch mr. jonze! i cannot WAIT for this movie.. one of my all time favorite books!

christina said...

i also cannot WAIT to see alice in wonderland!!!!!!!! i am very sad that we missed the tea party @ royal t... next time.


Related Posts with Thumbnails