Saturday, January 03, 2009

The Jet Set


Screenshots from Hatch.
When Don Draper made his way to California on Mad Men I was in heaven. There was the outrageously decadent design, but the dreamlike goings on intrigued me too. At first they threw me off, but the more I ponder the episode, the more Gatsbyish it seems.
Word has it the site of Don Draper's rendezvous was not in Palm Springs, but rather The Fox Residence in Chatsworth. Fitting, since it's where Frank Sinatra once lived and hosted some unforgettable parties.
Did you know Sinatra's Twin Palms Estate in Palms Springs recently hit the market?
Here it is below and view the complete MLS here.


Jonathan Adler recreated these looks in his design for The Parker - which I visited & blogged about a year ago.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter