Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nobody Walks in LA


I hate crosswalks. Here in LA it's law you have to stop when a pedestrian is ready to cross the road, which sometimes leads to intense frustration if the person is talking on the phone and standing at the corner. But back to my post. I think the scariest part is being a pedestrian at night in a crosswalk.
I've covered too many stories where people - sometimes entire families - have been hit and killed in crosswalks because drivers don't see them.
This crosswalk design is by Art. Lebedev Studio in Russia.
The best part is how the lighting helps you see pedestrians from far away (when you're a leadfoot like me).
I don't live near the snow but it would also help in that situation too I assume ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter