I love making bruschetta when I know I'll be cooking for a few hours. If I cook while hungry, I grow impatient for the recipe to be finished. This appetizer is fun, quick to make and will tide you over until the main course.
- Ingredients -
for 2-4 people (double it for a party)
- 3 tomatoes
- 1/2 fresh baguette
- 1tbs olive oil
- 2tbs balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil - I forgot mine, but had dried. Fresh is much better!
- salt and pepper to taste
- Process -
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Parboil your tomatoes to loosen the skins. Boil the tomatoes for one minute, then put in an ice bath for another minute. Make small slice in the skin and they peel off easily in water.
- Cube the tomatoes and place in a mixing bowl.
- Combine with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and chopped basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice bread at an angle, about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Brush each piece on one side with olive oil. Place bread on baking sheet with olive oil side down.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes, Edges should be light brown.
- When the bread is toasted, flip over your pieces, spoon on dollop of your tomatoes. Finish with fresh Parmesan on top. Enjoy!