Thursday, August 07, 2008

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Wolfmother is kind of breaking up. Frontman Andrew Stockdale is a lone wolf now. (I promise that's the last cheesy wolf reference.)

When I heard this, a gem of a memory popped up from the 2007 Grammy Awards.

Andrew came walking down the red carpet with that big afro of his and I was so excited. I noticed the silver unicorn necklace and he confessed his girlfriend gave it to him. Aww.

Since The Police were being honored that evening, I asked him if he had a favorite Police song and if they were an influence on his music. Yeah, yeah it's a generic question that most musicians responded to with a pretty generic answer.
But he kind of looked at the carpet for a moment and then confessed they hadn't really been a big influence on him. That perked my ears. I asked who, expecting Led Zeppelin and he said Prince.

I asked him which song and if he'd sing a little of it for me.

I Wanna Be Your Lover....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter