Saturday, September 27, 2008

Joshua Petker




Joshua Petker has a new show opening next weekend at Corey Helford Gallery.

He's a local boy. He grew up in Van Nuys and lives in Silver Lake. Gustav Klimt is one of his big influences, which I love. Here's an excerpt of an interview with him I spied on a blog. Click here for the full interview.
Unfairly or not, women have been used objectively in art for so long that I can paint and feel like I am referencing this objective historic subject all while trying to paint the inner emotions of a person, subjectively. Plus, I am primarily only attracted to art that I consider beautiful, so a beautiful women is an easy subject for me. But, when I say I only like work that is beautiful I should point out my opinion of what is beautiful is definitely artistic and at times ugly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, this is GORGEOUS!!!! im in love. thanks!

Lisa said...

beautiful! gustav klimt is one of my favorites, too.

Project Ecoart said...

Really cool stuff ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter