Saturday, September 27, 2008

Joshua Petker

Joshua Petker has a new show opening next weekend at Corey Helford Gallery.

He's a local boy. He grew up in Van Nuys and lives in Silver Lake. Gustav Klimt is one of his big influences, which I love. Here's an excerpt of an interview with him I spied on a blog. Click here for the full interview.
Unfairly or not, women have been used objectively in art for so long that I can paint and feel like I am referencing this objective historic subject all while trying to paint the inner emotions of a person, subjectively. Plus, I am primarily only attracted to art that I consider beautiful, so a beautiful women is an easy subject for me. But, when I say I only like work that is beautiful I should point out my opinion of what is beautiful is definitely artistic and at times ugly.


Anonymous said...

wow, this is GORGEOUS!!!! im in love. thanks!

applevenusian said...

beautiful! gustav klimt is one of my favorites, too.

Project Ecoart said...

Really cool stuff ;)


Related Posts with Thumbnails