Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Simple/Sweet Summer Salad

This is a light, refreshing summer salad that's a bit sweet, tangy & simple to make. It's inspired by a salad I order every time I visit Quattro Caffe in South Coast Plaza (next to Armani).


This is my take.

Ingredients for one.

Two handful of fresh baby spinach - buy it in the bag, much faster
5 fresh strawberries
small can of corn, drained - yes, I serve it straight from the can!
1 grilled chicken breast
pepper

For salad dressing, I have a sweet tooth, so I use Marie's fat-free raspberry vinegarette, but a dash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar work great too

Grill a chicken breast, preferably on the BBQ! In a bowl lightly toss the spinach with the salad dressing until it's evenly coated. Plate it. Slice strawberries and 2 tbs of corn on top, sprinkle pepper and top with the warm sliced grilled chicken. Voila!

Even easier and just as tasty without the chicken!


Quattro images from www.yelp.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter