Saturday, May 29, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

Some vintage photographs and ads from the 50's and 60's to prepare you for your BBQ.

Love a woman in a fabulous dress & full makeup grilling the world's largest steak with one hand and holding a stick of butter in the other. She is perched elegantly next to a disposable grill.

My back hurts looking at this photo. Grills must be seated or standing level. Always.
Always have beer.
I love eating pork & beans straight from the can. I will make this. This is how all of my guests dress for my barbecues. A glass of milk to go with your hamburger?
My brother still loves a cold glass of milk with his dinner. My family usually serves bread with butter with all of our meals. I believe this may be another habit from the past...
The dapper Duncan Hines in 1952.You can't go wrong with kebobs.

Yes, the California barbecue can't be beat. Happy Memorial Day!

Thank you to the veterans who have died serving our country.

3 comments:

Lila said...

That first pic is classic. That steak is massive. I laughed immediately when I saw that pic! Great post!
Lila Ferraro
Queen Bedroom Sets

Unknown said...

Nice retro photos...
Puts the fun back into bbq
nice homage to our troops as well
love you for your humbleness

Unknown said...

Your humbleness and patrotism make this piece work
you can tell you are an artist
Thanks for supporting the troops as well
much love back to you
eric

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter