Thursday, November 13, 2008

Freefalling



I've always wanted to try skydiving. I bungeed a few years ago, but it felt like being at the end of a rubberband. Snap! as the band stretched to its max and then I whipped back and smacked myself in the face.

The ifly simulator at CityWalk was exhiliarating and no violence was involved. With the air blowing 120 mph it took my breath away. My instructor advised me to smile with a closed mouth because it looks more attractive than a face of fear, but he didn't warn me about what I might do instead. Try as I might, I couldn't resist keeping my mouth open. Wide. I wasn't even screaming (that much.)

Now I kind of understand why dogs hang out car windows with their tongues hanging out of their mouth. It feels good. The drawback aside from looking goofy? Spit stretches across your face.

Oh and nobody tells you that starting about 12 hours later, your body will ache. I can't bear to laugh this morning because it feels like I'm being punched in the gut. So it figures, I'm working with one of the funniest people I know.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That looks like fun! Except for the spit stains across your face part.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

statcounter